The holy month of Ramadan is not only about fasting; it is equally important for Muslims to reflect on themselves and connect deeply with their God in this month. Philanthropy is another important aspect of Ramadan.
Latest: Ramadan Calendar 2023 With Sehri and Iftar Time
Since Ramadan is around the corner, we thought we should share a few tips that will help you stay healthy during this month.
Let’s discuss the tips:
- Eat Healthy: It is a common practice to eat processed, fried and junk food during Ramadan but, if you want to stay healthy, let go of this habit. It is ok to enjoy these food items once in a while but not on a daily basis. Try to consume balanced meals with nutrient-rich food items like vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, meat, etc.
Read more: Tips For Healthy Eating In Ramadan
- Do Not Skip Sehri: While most people find it convenient, it is not at all healthy to skip this meal as it provides you with the energy required to stay functional for the rest of the day.
Some food items that you can include in your sehri are oats, yogurt, fruits, rice, whole grain options, etc. Along with these, you can also choose to have high fiber cereals.
- Stay Hydrated: Staying hydrated is an essential. You should consume at least 10-12 glasses of water from Iftar to Sehri as it will prevent your body from getting dehydrated. You can also eat water-rich foods like fruits, vegetables, etc.
Pro Tip: Yogurt also does the trick. It keeps you hydrated and you feel less thirsty during the day. The trick is tried and tested!
- Physical Activity: While physical activity is not only limited to Ramadan but we think that it loses its importance during this month. People lose their energy from fasting everyday which makes them lazy. We are not asking you to have a hardcore workout routine, but a simple walk in the park, a badminton match after iftar, etc. would also do the job.
The idea here is to not let our laziness take over our fitness routine.
Read more: Healthy Tips for a Healthy Life
- Sleep Well: Most of us tend to neglect sleep during Ramadan thinking that waking up late would compensate for their lost sleep, which is not true. It is always the best idea to get a good night’s sleep.
To make the most out of this holy month, make sure you follow these tips.
Ramadan Mubarak from us! We hope you have a blissful month.
Let us know in the comments if these tips were of any help to you and if you have more tips to share.
You may also like:
Leave a Reply