iOS 17 is now available for all compatible iPhones after a summer of public beta testing. It’s a significant software update with notable features like video voicemail in FaceTime and a new StandBy mode that transforms your iPhone into a smart screen while charging. Also, it is perhaps the only thing standing between your phone and a malicious Pegasus spyware.
Here are the top new features and upgrades in iOS 17:
- iOS 17 FaceTime has video voicemail and real-time message transcription.
- Messages in iOS 17 introduces “Check-in” to notify others of your safe arrival or if you encounter issues during your journey.
- AirDrop in iOS 17 adds “NameDrop” for sharing information and files by tapping two iPhones together.
- The Journal app is delayed but will provide personalized suggestions and prompts for documenting your experiences.
- StandBy mode turns your iPhone into a smart display with easy-to-read pages and voice controls.
- “Hey Siri” is simplified to just “Siri,” and Siri can now understand consecutive commands without repeating the wake word.
- Apple Maps now supports offline downloads for navigation without an internet connection.
How to Download?
You can download the latest Apple operating system by going to the Settings app, tapping General and looking under Software Update.
Which iPhones Can Get This Update?
Before you decide to download and install the latest update, make sure your phone’s model is eligible for it.
The following phones can run iOS 17:
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone SE (2022)
- iPhone XR
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 15
However, it’s important to note that not all iOS 17 features will be available on every model listed above. For instance, the new gesture-triggered features in FaceTime will only be accessible on iPhone 12 and later models.
You may also like to read: