Though relatively new in Pakistan and perhaps still not a household item like refrigerators and TVs, vacuum cleaners have been around for over a century. First developed as manual cleaners in the US in the 1860s, they were initially called carpet sweepers. Present-day electric vacuum cleaners were developed in the early 1900s though at the time they blew air to clean rather than use the suction method. While initially built in the US, the modern vacuum cleaners are a joint production of an American inventor and British engineer.
Vacuum cleaners are now used not only in homes but in the industrial sector as well. They are available in a variety of shapes, sizes and models. This is perhaps why many feel daunted when buying a vacuum cleaner in the market. In this blog, we will identify some of the most popular vacuum cleaners in Pakistan along with their current average prices. We hope this would help you buy a vacuum cleaner of your choice.
So, let’s begin.
Dawlance Vacuum Cleaners
Dawlance is a well-established local brand, which is known for its home and kitchen appliances. Presently, it sells three models of vacuum cleaners with price ranging from Rs.21,000 to Rs.42,000. The higher the dust sucking capacity of a vacuum cleaner (measured in litres), the higher its price will be. If you are buying a vacuum cleaner for your home, you need to look for one with a dust capacity ranging between 2L to 10L. Dawlance’s vacuum cleaners for home would currently cost you between Rs.21,000 and Rs.28,000.
Hitachi Vacuum Cleaners
Hitachi is a known Japanese brand, which makes a variety of vacuum cleaners. However, the ones mostly available in Pakistan are suitable for industrial uses, rather than home use. If you are buying a vacuum cleaner for office, restaurant cleaning, etc. consider buying a Hitachi vacuum cleaner. These vacuum cleaners have a dust capacity ranging between 18L and 21L and price varying between Rs.19,000 and Rs.40,000.
Panasonic Vacuum Cleaners
Panasonic is another known Japanese brand in Pakistan. Unlike Hitachi, it sells a variety of vacuum cleaners in Pakistan for both home and industrial uses. If you are looking to buy a Panasonic vacuum cleaner for home, it would currently cost you between Rs.28,000 and Rs.52,000. The price range for industrial vacuum cleaners is similar, ranging from Rs.31,000 and Rs.56,000.
Philips Vacuum Cleaners
A global Dutch (Holland) brand, Philips offers a large variety of home use vacuum cleaners in Pakistan. If you are looking to buy an imported vacuum cleaner for home, do look at what Philips has to offer. However, its products are priced on the higher side, ranging between Rs.20,000 and Rs.110,000.
West Point Vacuum Cleaners
This is the most budget-friendly option. West Point is a local brand, which has been manufacturing household products for the last 25 years. If you are looking for a locally-made vacuum cleaner then do look at the options offered by this company. Unlike Dawlance, it offers a large variety of vacuum cleaners for both home and industrial uses. Its home use vacuum cleaners are currently priced between Rs.10,000 and Rs.25,000, while vacuum cleaners for office uses are priced between Rs.19,000 and Rs.35,000.
Now, moving to another related point. As mentioned above, there are different types of vacuum cleaners, which now includes cordless and robot vacuum cleaners. Should you consider buying them? Let’s find out.
Pros and Cons of Buying Robot and Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Here are some of the pros and cons of a robot vacuum cleaner:
- Convenience – Since it’s a robot, it doesn’t require your physical presence. They can be programmed to clean your home/office automatically. This also makes them time efficient.
- Low Maintenance – They are generally low maintenance and since they are run on a schedule, you may not have to overuse them, hence reducing their wear and tear.
- Costly – If you are gaining convenience from them, it means you are also spending more in them at least initially. They tend to be more expensive than traditional vacuum cleaners.
- Battery Life – Since they run on a battery and every battery has its life, depending upon the size of your home or office, they may not be able to clean it in one charge. Frequent battery charging also means an addition to your electricity bill.
- Suction Power – Their suction power is usually weaker than traditional vacuum cleaners. This means their deep cleaning capabilities may not be very impressive.
Here are some of the pros and cons of a cordless vacuum cleaner:
- Portable – They are lightweight and portable and can be taken anywhere in your home or office.
- Versatility – Since they are portable and lightweight, they can be used on upholstery and hardwood floors, in addition to carpets, etc.
- Easy to Store – Their size and weight makes them ideal for storage in small spaces.
- Expensive – They can be more expensive than traditional vacuum cleaners.
- Maintenance – As compared to traditional vacuum cleaners, cordless vacuum cleaners require regular maintenance like cleaning and replacing filters, etc. This requires both time and money.
- Suction Power – Unlike traditional vacuum cleaners, cordless cleaners are less powerful and therefore less suitable for deep cleaning.
- Battery Life – If they are not connected to a power supply, they are relying on a battery. Which means their power supply is limited and if your home or office is big, they may not be able to clean the entire area in one charge, etc.
As can be seen, the cons of both cordless and robot vacuum cleaners are the same. So, choose wisely!
Let us know if you found this guide helpful. Also, leave a comment for other readers and if it conforms to our values and guidelines, we’ll publish them with your name. For a variety of new and used, locally-made and imported vacuum cleaners, do check out OLX Pakistan.
Suggested Blogs For You:
5 Best Air Coolers in Pakistan With Prices
5 Best Ceiling Fans in Pakistan
Leave a Reply