It’s highly likely that the reason you’ve invested in an Apple Watch is due to its health and safety capabilities, such as Fall Detection and high/low heart rate notifications. Moreover, functions like calling, texting, and location sharing add to its appeal, making Apple Watches a fitting accessory for both the elderly and the young. However, the complete utilization of these features requires proper setup and synchronization with your iPhone. In this blog, we will guide you through a straightforward, 10-step process on how to set up your Apple Watch and sync it with your iPhone.
Let’s get started.
10 Simple Steps on How to Set Up Your Apple Watch and Sync It With Your iPhone
Here are the ten easy-to-follow steps:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap Start Pairing. Now hold the watch to the phone’s selfie camera.
- Now Set Up as New Apple Watch or if you’ve owned an Apple Watch before and saved its data in your iCloud account, select Restore from Backup.
- Now decide whether you’ll be wearing your smartwatch on your left or right wrist. Next, tell the phone where you want Digital Crown – left or right side of the Apple Watch.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions.
- Now Enter Password for the two devices to sync properly. This is the same password you use to log into your iPhone and other Apple devices.
- Tap OK to enable Location Services, Siri and Diagnostics.
- Create a Passcode. Select a four-digit code to use your watch again after taking it off. Then select either Yes or No if you want to unlock your watch using your iPhone.
- Add Card only if you want to make payments online. Otherwise do not turn it on. Select Emergency SOS if you want to maximize your chances of getting found in case of an accident or getting lost. Both of these are optional.
- You can now install apps or add them later. Once done, your watch will start to sync with your phone. You’ll be notified once it’s completed.
We hope you find this easy-to-follow guide useful and that you obtain the maximum benefit from your Apple Watch. OLX Pakistan has an extensive listing of new and used Apple Watches in Pakistan; please take a moment to browse through them.
You may also like to read: