Since 2019, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has been offering a 10-year residence visa, known as the Golden Visa, to the most talented individuals from all over the world. Similar to Western countries, the UAE fosters an environment that welcomes talented individuals from a variety of fields to work in the Emirates. Thanks to this international talent, the UAE is now ranked among the top livable and most desired countries in the world.
Are you a talented individual who would like to live and work in the UAE? Do you believe you are eligible to apply for the UAE’s Golden Visa? Are you interested in knowing the process of how to apply for the UAE Golden Visa from Pakistan? Then, read this blog until the end.
What Is the UAE Golden Visa: Benefits and Advantages
While many have heard of the UAE’s Golden Visa (a long-term residence permit that allows foreign individuals to live, work, or study in the UAE), not everyone may know its benefits and advantages.
- A six-month multiple-entry visa for residence issuance.
- A renewable residence visa for 5 or 10 years.
- No requirement for a sponsor.
- The flexibility to stay outside the UAE for more than the usual six-month period without losing the residence visa validity.
- The ability to sponsor family members, including spouses and children of any age.
- The option to sponsor an unlimited number of domestic helpers.
- Family members can stay in the UAE until the end of their permit duration in case the primary Golden Visa holder passes away.
As can be seen from the information above, this visa offers numerous benefits and advantages to its holders.
Who Is Eligible?
To check whether you are eligible to apply for this visa, click here.
In general, if you fall in one of these categories, you may be eligible for the UAE Golden Visa:
- If you invest or buy property in the UAE, potential investors in Dubai’s properties are valued at Dh2 million (approx. Rs.155,000,000) or more no longer need to make a Dh1 million down payment, thanks to recent changes in regulations. Additionally, individuals can opt for off-plan properties still under construction and pay for them in installments.
- High-net-worth individuals can qualify for the UAE Golden Visa by depositing Dh2 million in a local bank for a two-year period. Certain banks may assist them in the process of obtaining the UAE Golden Visa.
- High-performing students from UAE secondary schools and graduates of UAE universities, as well as those from the top 100 universities worldwide (judged by academic performance and ranking), are eligible.
- Candidates with notable accomplishments in areas such as engineering, technology, life sciences, and natural sciences, who hold a PhD or Master’s Degree from renowned universities, are eligible.
- Individuals who own or are partners in a startup within the UAE’s SME category are eligible if their business generates annual revenues of at least Dh1 million or if they have previously sold a project for no less than Dh7 million.
As can be seen from above, money isn’t the only criteria to qualify for this visa. UAE seeks highly talented individuals as well, who may not have enough money to invest in UAE’s property.
How to Apply for a UAE Golden Visa?
The process of applying for this visa is streamlined by the UAE government.
- Once you have determined your eligibility criteria from this page, you need to visit this page.
- Now click on Start Service of the category you are eligible to apply under.
- Fill in the required information.
- You can track your application by clicking on Application Tracking.
Unlike many Western countries, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) does not offer citizenship to non-Emiratis. However, it has recently started to offer the Golden Visa under various categories, catering to rich and talented individuals worldwide. If you wish to live and work in the UAE on a long-term basis, you should consider applying for this visa.
For further information and assistance, you may want to contact travel and visa consultants through OLX Pakistan’s listings.