As technology and processes between operating systems become more advanced and streamlined, it becomes increasingly easier for consumers to transfer data from one device to another. Long gone are the days when it took hours, even days, and the use of multiple devices to transfer data. Easier it may be, but there are still some misconceptions regarding the transfer of WhatsApp data from Android to iOS (iPhone)—specifically, what can be transferred and what can’t be. In this blog, we will clearly tell you what you can and cannot transfer, along with how to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone.
We hope you find this information useful and easy to understand.
What You Can and Cannot Transfer?
You can transfer personal messages, account info, profile photo, chats, group chats, chat history, media, and settings. What won’t transfer? Call history, display name and peer to peer payment messages.
What Happens To Your Data?
There are also some misconceptions about the data during the transfer. Let’s debunk some of those myths as well.
- Data transferred during migration doesn’t go to cloud storage unless you create an iCloud backup.
- WhatsApp can’t access the transferred data.
- Your Android phone will still have the data unless you delete WhatsApp or wipe your phone.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone: What Do You Need?
Sometimes, data doesn’t get transferred simply because the required prerequisites aren’t met. To transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone, you must have the following:
- Android OS Lollipop (SDK 21) or above on your Android device
- iOS 15.5 or above on your iPhone
- Install the Move to iOS app on your Android phone
- Using other migration apps may cause issues
- WhatsApp iOS version 188.8.131.52 or above on the new device
- WhatsApp Android version 184.108.40.206 or above on the old device
- Use the same phone number on both devices
- iPhone must be factory new or reset for pairing with Move to iOS app
- Ensure both devices are connected to power
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network or use the iPhone’s hotspot.
Let’s now list the steps that occur during WhatsApp data migration from Android to iPhone:
- Open Move to iOS app on Android and follow prompts
- Enter displayed code on iPhone
- Tap Continue and follow prompts
- Select WhatsApp on Transfer Data screen
- Tap START on Android, wait for data preparation and sign out
- Tap NEXT to return to Move to iOS app
- Tap CONTINUE, wait for confirmation
- Install latest WhatsApp from App Store on iPhone
- Open WhatsApp, log in with old phone number
- Tap Start, allow the process to complete
- Finish activating your new device.
Found this information useful? Let us know! Before making your final decision, ensure you’re getting the right price for your new and old devices. To check current prices for new and old Android and iPhones in Pakistan, consulting OLX Pakistan’s listings is a must.
You may also like to read: