Started February 5, 2024, all vehicles using Motorways must register with the M-Tag system, as mandated by the National Highway and Motorway Authority (NHMA). This decision aims to make it easier for drivers to enter and exit Motorways, ensuring smoother traffic flow. In this blog, we will cover everything related to M-Tag registration, M-Tag registration centers, M-Tag recharge, M-Tag helpline, and M-Tag balance check procedures.
M-Tag Registration Requirements
In order to get the M-Tag, you need only these two documents:
- Your original CNIC
- Your car’s registration card or book
You do not need to show your driver’s license for M-Tag registration. However, it is worth reminding that driving without a driver’s license or with an expired driver’s license is an offense.
M-Tag Registration Centers
Once you have the above-mentioned documents in hand, proceed to the nearest M-Tag registration center. These centers are located at all major Motorway entrance points. For example, if you are traveling to Islamabad from Lahore on the M-2, you will find a customer care center on your left, before the Ravi toll plaza. These centers are also located at Faizpur, Kot Abdul Malik, and Kala Shah Kaku interchanges.
Similarly, if you are traveling to Lahore on M-1, you will find such customer care centers at:
- Islamabad main toll plaza
- Peshawar main toll plaza
- Karnal Sher Khan
- Chakdara Interchange
M-Tag Registration Process
Here are the steps to getting your M-Tag sticker:
- Bring your original CNIC and your vehicle’s registration card/book.
- Fill out the application form available at the booth, providing all required information.
- Submit the application form and accompanying documents to the booth attendant for verification.
- Upon approval, receive your M-Tag, which will be affixed to your vehicle’s windshield by the attendant.
Simple isn’t it.
M-Tag Recharge Online
There are various ways to recharge your M-Tag balance and check it. In this section, we will explain how to recharge your M-Tag.
- M-TAG One Network – It is an Android mobile app that you can download. It helps you recharge your M-Tag account.
- M-TAG One Network 4+ – It is an iOS mobile app that you can download. It helps you recharge your M-Tag account.
Other options to recharge are:
M-Tag Balance Check
The means through which you recharge your M-Tag account, as mentioned above, are the same means through which you can check your M-Tag balance.
How to M-Tag Balance Check Using JazzCash
Here is an easy, step-by-step approach:
- Open the JazzCash app and proceed to View All.
- Look for Travel, Entertainment & Food. Under this category, click on M-Tag Recharge.
- Now fill in your M-Tag ID number. Click Next.
- You will be able to view your current balance. If you do not want to proceed any further, simply click on Cancel Transaction.
How to M-Tag Balance Check Using SMS
If you do not want to use an app, you can simply send an SMS to 9909 through your mobile phone in the following format: “Balance<space>MTAG ID”.
If you don’t know your M-Tag ID then send an SMS to 9909 in the following format: “MTAG<space>CNIC Number”.
The M-Tag helpline number is 1313. It is a 24/7 helpline.
We hope you found this guide helpful. If you have recently traveled on the Motorways and would like to share your experience with our readers, please feel free to do so in the comments section.
You may also like to read: