The process of car registration and transfer of ownership in Punjab have been further streamlined. Long gone are the days when you had to stand in queues for hours in sweltering heat or cold winter days. Successive governments of the province have worked to make the process simpler, faster, and more effortless, and the latest effort should be seen in the same light.
Get Your Car Registered From Your Home
As can be seen in the tweet above, the Department of Excise & Taxation has started a new service wherein their officials will come to your home to register your car or handle its change of ownership, depending on the service you require. This service will be available for both cars and motorcycles in the province. While the overall process will largely remain the same, there will be some changes since everything will be done from the comfort of your home, including paying the fees online.
How to Avail This Service?
If you are interested in availing this facility, you will first have to make an appointment. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Call 0800-08786
- Once you have made an appointment you will know when to expect an official from the Excise & Taxation department
- You will pay the fee online and not to the official
- PSID number required to complete the online registration/transfer transaction will be provided to you by the official
- You will be allotted the registration number on the spot.
- The official will take all mandatory documents (listed in a blog linked below) required for registration or transfer of ownership with them to the office, scan them, and mail them back to you through Pakistan Post.
It is worth reminding our readers that a similar service has already been provided to the residents of Islamabad since October 2022.
You may also like to read: