Vespa’s First Electric Scooter To Arrive in 2018
Last year, Vespa announced that it was working on an electric scooter and now it has released some specs and an approximate launch date. The Vespa Elettrica is a fully electric scooter with acceleration capabilities in line with those of traditional scooters, according to Vespa.
The scooter is to have the following specs:
- It has a 62-mile range
- It will take 4 hours to get fully charged
- The battery will reportedly last around 10 years. After 10 years of use, the efficiency would reduce to 80% after 1000 charge cycles or so
- The Elettrica comes in chrome grey color but buyers can choose between seven options for the decorative trim
- A hybrid version, Elettrica X, will also be released which can be driven twice as far as the fully electric version on a single charge
- It will also carry Vespa’s latest version of its Multimedia Platform
What are your thoughts on it?